In the previous step, we accessed our user profiles and changed some information. In this step, we are going to access the user profile again – and this time we’re going to add a photo.
The information contained in your user profile will display on the AISBlogPals.com website. In order to ensure that our website has a consistent look and feel, each of us needs to complete the following information:
- First and last name
- Biographical statement (completed in Step 2: Edit Your Profile Page)
- User photo
- Log into AISBlogPals.com – use the login area on the right or go to http://www.aisblogpals.com/wp-admin
- You must have completed HW: AISBlogPals.com – Step 1 to log into the site
- Access your user profile
- See Step 2: Edit Your Profile Page if you don’t know how to access your user profile
- Add your first and last name (#1 in the image below)
- Upload a photo of yourself (#2 in the image below)
- Remember, this blog will be seen by sixth graders in the U.S. and around the world – please upload a recent photo of yourself. You might want to ask an adult to help you with the photo.
- As far as uploading the photo, you all probably know more about this than old Mr. Clements. I tested it with my own photo and thought it was pretty basic:
- Take a picture
- Get the picture onto your computer
- Click the [Browse] button under the User Photo section of your user profile page
- Find your picture and upload it
- IMPORTANT: Click the [Update User] button to save your changes (#3 in the image below)
While you’re doing this, please take a look at your biographical statement (completed in Step 2: Edit Your Profile Page). See my example at the top of the page. Notice that I use punctuation and complete sentences. I also say something a little more meaningful than, “I like nachos” (although I love me some nachos!). You can update this information whenever you’d like. I ask that you at least use complete sentences. Thank you.