Video is, arguably, the most effective multimedia tool that a communicator can use to tell a story. We can find a plethora of wonderful videos on sites like Vimeo and YouTube: academic videos, music videos, “how to” videos, political videos, and many others.
This post will show you how to insert a YouTube video into your post.
- IMPORTANT: Write your post first
- Sometimes the site will do some funky stuff with your formatting if you insert the video and then try to write around it
- Open a separate or new browser window
- Press <ctrl>+<n> or <ctrl>+<t>
- Go to youtube.com and find the video you would like to use in your post
- In YouTube.com, click on the [Share or Embed] button, which is located beneath the video
- When the share link displays, copy it (highlight it and press <ctrl>+<c>)
- Go back to your post
- Create a blank paragraph return where you want to insert the video
- Press <return> or <enter> to create a paragraph return
- Paste (<ctrl>+<v>) the YouTube link into the new space created by the paragraph return:
- Publish or preview your post
- You must publish or preview your post to see the video display
If you’ve followed the directions carefully, your video should display like this: