In steps 1-3 we learned how to log into AISBlogPals.com and edit our user profile. After you’ve completed those steps it’s time to create a post.
In this step we will:
- Create a post
- Title the post
- Write the post
- Assign the post to the appropriate categories
- Publish the post
This process requires that you pay close attention to the steps. Please, take your time as you go through these steps.
1. Create a post
- Log into AISBlogPals.com (see Step 1: Log Into AISBlogPals.com for help).
- Click the Posts link in the left hand menu bar
- Click the [Add New] button or the Add New menu link
2. Title the post
- The title of your post goes in the “Enter Post Title Here” box
The title of your post will be provided to you in the assignment. Please, refer to the assignment instructions regarding titling your post.
3. Write the post
- The content of your post goes in the content editor window
4. Assign the post to the appropriate categories
Categories are used to depict your post within menus and archives. It is essential that you select the correct categories for your post. Please refer to your assignment instructions for instructions on which categories you should choose.
- Click the appropriate check boxes for your assignment (see assignment for guidance)
Note: The child or sub-categories refer to your period number.
5. Publish your post
- Click the [Publish] button to publish your post
You can use the [Preview] button to preview the post before you publish it. You can also use the [Save Draft] button to save your work and come back to it later.
You can always edit a post after it’s published, but it’s a good rule to make sure it’s as good as possible before hitting the [Publish] button.